Sunday, March 11, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


I’m joining Jen & Kellee (and many other bloggers) in discussing what we are reading this week. Join us! Go to their site and link up your own blog.


Last week was another good reading week. However, my eyes have already gone forward on the calendar, Spring Break is five short days away. I will be doing #bookaday for break but so far this year I’ve already averaged over a book a day for the year. Today (Monday) will be the seventy-second day of the year and I’ve read 117 books. Now that being said, I’ve read a lot of picture books due to the Caldecott Challenge. My goal over Spring Break will be to read at least nine middle grade or young adult books along with any picture books I read. And with that in mind, here is what I read this week:

·      Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler
·      Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
·      The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer Smith
·      Stuck by Oliver Jeffers
·      Three Hens and a Peacock  by Lester Laminack

I didn’t star my favorites this week because I would have given them all a star. My absolute favorite, however, would be Will Grayson, Will Grayson. My husband just finished The Fault in our Stars and I told him he has to read Will Grayson next. If you haven’t read it, please do. I haven’t laughed so hard in a long time. Tiny Cooper is my new favorite character.

As for what I’m reading this week, my goal is to finish The Art of Fielding. It is huge but I want to have it done going into Spring Break week next week. I don’t have a lot of grad school stuff this week so I’m optimistic that I can get it done.

Have a great reading week! 
Katherine