Monday, March 19, 2012

Slice of Life 19 - Gratitude


Slice of Life is sponsored every Tuesday by Stacey and Ruth from Two Writing Teachers. For the month of March we are challenging ourself to write a Slice A Day. Here we go! 

Sometimes when I’m in a funk I try to realize all of the good moments that happen during the day. And on day six of being sick, I was in need of some positive reflection.

I am grateful for another trip to CafƩ Kopi AND, upon arrival, to see that my favorite table was open.

I am grateful for some very helpful college students who were working at a bakery for helping me find some great rolls for dinner – and for helping me to leave their store in a good mood.

I am grateful for a quick trip to the grocery store where I was able to grab everything I need and be out in 40 minutes, usually it takes much longer.

I am grateful for the reminder that when my boys are being less than pleasant they often need more of my attention, not less.

I am grateful I got to make my dad his birthday dinner – that the food all turned out wonderful – and that the conversations were memorable.

I am grateful that my boys have a wonderful relationship with my parents.

I am grateful that I will get to see my niece tomorrow and get to stay at my sister’s house for the night.

I am grateful for spring break and the opportunity to hang out with my children for a wonderfully long week.

I am grateful for the beautiful weather we are having in Illinois.

I am always grateful for my husband but today I adore him for cleaning out the inside of my car so my mom won’t be mortified as we drive down to St. Louis tomorrow.

Do you reflect on the things you are grateful for? Does it help you? I know it relaxes me as I do it. Have a wonderful day!