Saturday, March 9, 2019

Dreaming of Colorado


As winter drags on and spring remains elusive, my mind turns to summer. We’re planning on traveling to Colorado this year either in mid June or early July. Chris and I went once in 2011 and fell in love with the state. Everyday I would wake up and look outside, just to think that it was even more breathtaking than the day before. I do love the midwest. The flat land and the endless fields bring me a sense of calm. But the blue skies meeting the mountain landscape of Colorado are visuals I cannot forget.
So we are headed back.

This time we’re taking the boys. I can’t wait for Luke and Liam to see this state, be in awe of the mountains, have the chance to hike and run. Right now we know we’re going to Snowmass for several days, my aunt and uncle have a condo there. The rest of our plans are up in the air. We think we’d like to spend a day or two in Denver, possibly Boulder. We’re considering taking the train out and back, renting a vehicle while we’re there.
We’re pretty open.

Any recommendations? If you’ve been in that area, I’d love to hear what you want to return to again and again. I’d like to take a Jeep tour, possibly, in the Snowmass area. I loved white water rafting, but I don’t know if I’ll ever get Chris in one of those rafts again. And if I did, I’m not sure his back would survive the ride. (Thus we’re looking at the train where he can move around versus driving or flying.)

Restaurants? Outdoor adventure? Amazing spots to hike. Hit me up.

Thanks for any recommendations. Hope your Saturday has been amazing.
Katherine