Sunday, March 17, 2019

And the Cursor Blinks...

Sitting in Starbucks,
The cursor blinks
On a snow white page.

Ideas,
Stories,
Whirl in my mind.

A blog post,
Another,
And another.

My story,
Maggie and Sully,
Begs for attention.

Write me,
They beg.

And yet,
I stare at the blank white page.
The cursor blinks.

My mind travels
Over 8,000 miles away
To New Zealand.

I feel hopeless
So I search online.

Reading Samira Ahmed’s tweet,
I click over and donate.


Reading Kate and Laurie’s tweets,
I buy more books.



It’s not enough.
It’s never enough.

I sit in Starbucks and pray.
And pray.
Pray.
Pray.

My heart breaks.
And breaks some more.
I send more love out into the world.
As the cursor blinks.


If you’d like to donate, HERE is the link.




And I want to send some love your way. My class and I shared this beautiful book by Hena Khan just a few weeks ago. I would love to send a copy to one of my readers because I agree with Kate. If you would like to be entered in the drawing for this beautiful picture book, please fill out the Google Form below. I will pick one person by this Wednesday, the 20th, and send it your way.