Saturday, December 6, 2014

Celebrate This Week

I’m joining up with Ruth Ayres for her weekly link-up, Celebrate This Week. Check out all of the posts linked up at her blog HERE. Thanks for starting this, Ruth!

So many things to CELEBRATE this week...


Family
I love that we live so close to so many relatives, but I'm especially glad to live near my parents. The boys went this week to help them decorate their tree and I saw this picture that my mom shared. It made me smile, and not just because I figured out where Luke gets his "smile/no smile" from. 

 

Liam Attending Washington
I have loved having each of my boys at my school. Luke spent the last two years at Washington and has now moved on to the middle school. Liam is in fourth grade at my school. I love taking him to lunch once a month and I love that he leaves me notes on my board. This week his note was for my students, looking for book recommendations. The fact he left it, and that they willingly complied, made my heart sing and my eyes water. 

Luke and Harry Potter
I loved the Harry Potter series. I remember devouring them as each came out. It was my early years as a teacher. Watching Luke experience them for the first time has been wonderful. Each night we discuss what is happening to the book. He often compares it to the movie, discussing the shortcomings of trying to fit a long book into one (or two) films. This week his copy of Deathly Hallows broke, it has been so well loved. I will be sad when he finishes, but can't wait to see where his next book journey will take us.

New furniture
For the past three years we've waited to buy a sectional. We had one before, but it had been ten years old and survived a dog, two boys, and countless baby bottles and sip cups. Then, my brother gave me their old couch. We waited. Couches are expensive and I'm indecisive on big purchases. Finally, we picked one. Yesterday it (and the new rug) came. I love them both. A new spot to read and write? Certainly a celebration. 

#WriteDaily30
I have blogged for eight days straight! That hasn't happened since the Slice challenge in March. I'm participating in Linda Urban's 30 day challenge to write daily. She also has had so many inspiring post on her blog. If you'd like to join, or read those, click HERE

This week, I blogged. Next week I might write on the blog some days, write in my journal others. I'm not requiring myself to write anything specific, just to wake up each morning and write what I feel like writing. It's amazing how the practice of writing daily just becomes a habit. If only I could translate that into exercise as well... 

What a week to celebrate!