Monday, December 15, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Be sure to visit Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers to learn more about the link up for It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 


Last week I finished up Egg & Spoon. I told my students I wasn't even sure where to begin explaining that beautiful book. There is the Russian fairy tales that are woven in, Baba Yaga for example. There is the peasant girl and a girl from a noble family. There is the Tsar, the egg, the talking cat. My head was spinning.

By the end, I loved the book. The first half, I only liked it. I absolutely grew more attached as I read. A good lesson for my students, and for me.

I also read a beautiful book of Christmas Stories from Cynthia Rylant that Margie Myers-Culver sent me. Thanks, Margie!

This week I’m reading an ARC from NCTE. Five days until break and then I will begin holiday #bookaday!