Sunday, April 15, 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading?



I’m joining Jen & Kellee (and many other bloggers) in discussing what we are reading this week. Join us! Go to their site and link up your own blog.

Better reading week than last week. I am frustrated, though. In trying to read the Newbery winners I have been reading them in order. I have the 1932 and 1933 winners waiting on my shelf but the 1931 winner still hasn’t come in from the library. If it isn’t in this week I will move ahead. I cannot wait to get a little farther in the winners list so that some of the books are actually at my library.

Many of the books I read this week came from my trip to Anderson’s Bookshop this weekend. A fabulous independent bookstore, if you are in the Naperville area. Also, please check out my blog from yesterday – at the end you are welcome to enter the giveaway for Wonder!

And this past week’s reading (with an * next to awesome titles and *** next to favorites of the week.)

·      Dash and Dart by Mary Buff
·      Boy + Bot by Ame Dyckman ***
·      Vote for Me! By Ben Clanton
·      How Rocket Learned to Read by Tad Hills *
·      Leo Geo and His Miraculous Journey Through the Center of the Earth by Jon Chad *
·      Bawk & Roll by Tammi Sauer *
·      Hades: Lord of the Dead by George O’Connor *
·      Chloe and the Lion by Mac Barnett *
·      Baby Bear Sees Blue by Ashley Wolff *
·      The Plant Hunters: True Stories of Their Daring Adventures to the Far Corners of the Earth by Anita Silvey ***

As for this week – I’d like to finish The One and Only Ivan which I am rereading as a read aloud to my boys. Also, I want to get moving on some more #nerdbery books. Hoping 1931 comes in soon! 

18 comments:

  1. Wow, hard to wait I bet, but what a great idea! I hope your book comes soon too so you can tell us about it! I keep hearing about, The One and Only Ivan, I may have to pick this one up soon. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely - Pick up a copy of The One and Only Ivan. It is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had Ivan on my TBR pile since its release day, but with all of my Walden award reading, I haven't been able to get to that or Fake Mustache. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a lot of * in your list this week! Sometimes there aren't nearly as many. I'll be coming back to add these to my TBR. I do have Leo Geo that I'm excited to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I'm on vacation and you've given me a lot to do. I love that you're the one who asked me how I have the time for my internship hours! I have NOT read 150 books this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dash & Dart (meh!) and Baby Blue were part of my week, too! I'll be promoting some of your * books in my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also read Chloe and the Lion and Boy + Bot this week. I read both with my 3 year old and he has asked for the them each to be reread a few times since. (That's his seal of approval!) Hope your 1931 book comes soon, it's frustrating to be kept waiting on a book, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love how you document the books from the week. I need to take the time to record the picture books I'm reading. HOW ROCKET LEARNS TO READ is a favorite of Sam's. We read it about 5 times a week! :)
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooga! Thanks for including Me Want Pet! in the mix. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't heard of some of these *off to my TBR!*

    Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It does sound like a good week, Katherine. I'll look up The Plant Hunters... for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda, you'd love Plant Hunters! So interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rocket was so adorable! I'm glad I found him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chloe and the Lion and Boy + Bot were both amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two ends of the spectrum here - Dash and Dart vs. Baby Blue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha! Reading is always something I will find time for. Internship hours, not as fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The One and Only Ivan is an amazing book! I am currently reading it aloud to one of my language arts classes. So fun to watch 5th graders reacting so strongly to the conditions under which these animals live. Enjoy it with your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My 3yo and I both LOVED Baby Bear Sees Blue. I particularly loved the illustrations. And she loved that she could "read" along. Great book!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Blog design by Imagination Designs Images from the Just Because kit by Laurie Ann