Monday, April 9, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?




I’m joining Jen & Kellee (and many other bloggers) in discussing what we are reading this week. Join us! Go to their site and link up your own blog.

Honestly, I haven't read much this week. I've been getting caught up on grad school work and rushing to finish everything in time. But reading? I've started five books - they are all wonderful – but I haven’t finished any of them, yet. I hate reading multiple books at a time for this reason. One book I did read and wanted to talk about today was this one, An Awesome Book by Dallas Clayton.

I first learned of this book from a Tweet or Facebook post from John Schu. I watched this video:


And then I realized you could read the entire book for free online here:


I did and I loved it. The illustrations are amazing and the message is wonderful.

So on our weekly trip to the bookstore on Friday I picked the book up. I told Luke and Liam about it while we waited to check out. And then as we stopped at a red light right outside the bookstore I glanced back and saw this:

I love that my boys love to read. That they hear me talk about a book and HAVE to pull it out because they can’t wait to get home to read it. That’s awesome too.