Monday, April 9, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?




I’m joining Jen & Kellee (and many other bloggers) in discussing what we are reading this week. Join us! Go to their site and link up your own blog.

Honestly, I haven't read much this week. I've been getting caught up on grad school work and rushing to finish everything in time. But reading? I've started five books - they are all wonderful – but I haven’t finished any of them, yet. I hate reading multiple books at a time for this reason. One book I did read and wanted to talk about today was this one, An Awesome Book by Dallas Clayton.

I first learned of this book from a Tweet or Facebook post from John Schu. I watched this video:


And then I realized you could read the entire book for free online here:


I did and I loved it. The illustrations are amazing and the message is wonderful.

So on our weekly trip to the bookstore on Friday I picked the book up. I told Luke and Liam about it while we waited to check out. And then as we stopped at a red light right outside the bookstore I glanced back and saw this:

I love that my boys love to read. That they hear me talk about a book and HAVE to pull it out because they can’t wait to get home to read it. That’s awesome too. 








 
Imagination Designs
Blog design by Imagination Designs Images from the Just Because kit by Laurie Ann