Monday, December 26, 2011

It's Monday - What are you reading?

I am joining Jen and Kellee from Mentor Texts for this weekly post about what we're reading.


Ah, I do love a break from school. I am finally getting through some books that have been on my bedroom shelf forever. Unfortunately, I’ve also checked out many from the library and ordered new books, so my shelf hasn’t decreased by that much.

I’ve plowed through many picture books – I was woefully behind on those. Also got the chance to read some amazing novels and graphic novels since last Monday. Here’s the rundown of what I’ve read:

Chicken Butt’s Back by Erica Perl
Ice by Arthur Geisert
Should I Share my Ice Cream? By Mo Willems
Melvin and the Boy by Lauren Castillo
The Three Aliens and the Big Bad Robot by Margaret McNamara
Detective Blue by Steve Metzger
Bake Sale by Sara Varon
Bumble-Ardy by Maurice Sendak
The Adventures of Sir Gawain the True by Gerald Morris
Neville by Norton Juster
Mouse and Mole: A Perfect Halloween by Wong Herbert Yee
The Sniffles for Bear by Bonny Becker
Hatch! By Roxie Munro
Fabulous: A Portrait of Andy Warhol by Bonnie Christensen
The Princess and the Pig by Jonathan Emmett
Sparrow Road by Shelia O’Connor
A Pet for Petunia by Paul Schmid
The Great Migration – Journey to the North by Eloise Greenfield
Inkblot by Margaret Peot
My Side of the Car by Kate Feiffer
Jim Henson: the Guy Who Played with Puppets by Kathleen Krull
The Money We’ll Save by Brock Cole
I am the Book by Lee Bennett Hopkins
Penderwicks at Point Mouette by Jeanne Birdsall

As for what this week will bring – I have no plan. I have so many books to choose from and so many more that have been ordered and are being delivered (and order from the library as well.) First on the list to finish is Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu but I have no plan after that.

Happy holidays and happy #bookaday to everyone!