Monday, December 9, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?




I’m joining Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee and Ricki at Unleashing Readers in discussing what we are reading this week. Join us! Go to their site and link up your own blog.


Three lone books, but three amazing books this week. 



The Quirks is a perfect book for my fifth grade readers. Funny, yet serious. Reminds me of Savvy in a way. I’m thrilled this one is a series. In one book talk I had fifteen kids sign-up that they want to be on the list to read it. A fabulous book.

The Shadow Throne is the conclusion to one of my favorite new series, The Ascendance Trilogy. It began with The False Prince, then The Runaway King, now this one. AMAZING. Cannot wait to share this with my students today.

Finally, I ended my weekend with an older title from Penny Kittle, The Greatest Catch. Thanks goes out to Holly Mueller for recommending it to me. This beautiful book of essays will become one I read time and time again. It was exactly what I needed this weekend to be reminded of the important work we’re doing in the classroom. Thanks, Penny, for sharing so much of yourself not only with your students, but with us. You inspire me to become a better teacher.

Happy Monday, my friends!