Saturday, December 21, 2013

Celebrate This Week 12/21/13




Today is the first day of our holiday break. The first day of some much needed downtime. The first day of my holiday #bookaday – something I participate in each break thanks to the great idea from Donalyn Miller. As of the typing of this post, 1:30 pm on a Saturday, I have read two books, talked to countless friends through texts and phone calls, stuffed myself with M&Ms, and have not changed out of my pajamas. It is a beautiful day indeed.

Today is our day for weekly celebration as well – a celebration organized on Ruth Ayres blog each week in a weekly roundup of blog posts. I’m joining in with some celebrations from the past week. 


Celebrations moving across the rows:
Row 1: Mock Caldecott with Margie's class, Twitter cookies from Brenda, a sweet gift from a student - a drawing of our class tree, Thalia. 
Row 2: M&Ms and Starbucks - my students know me well, sharing Christmas Eve on Sesame Street with my class. 
Row 3: My class before break, Liam's stack of reading for the break, my first book of #bookaday

So many things to celebrate - they are front and center in my mind today. Wishing you all the happiest of holidays. I will be sporadic on posting for the next two weeks, hope to be here regularly, but might kick back and enjoy some down time. 

Merry Christmas!
 
Imagination Designs
Blog design by Imagination Designs Images from the Just Because kit by Laurie Ann