Monday, January 21, 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading?



I’m joining Jen & Kellee (and many other bloggers) in discussing what we are reading this week. Join us! Go to their site and link up your own blog.

Less reading this week due to an increase in grading. J One book that really stood out for me was A Prairie Boy’s Winter. When I told my librarian how much I enjoyed Twelve Kinds of Ice, she said it reminded her of A Prairie Boy’s Winter. She lent it to me from the library on Friday and I read it during our read-a-thon. Beautiful book and I absolutely see the connection. I am purchasing my own copy this week. I feel there could be a terrific mini-lesson in connecting the two books. And both books could be used as mentor texts for a memoir unit.

So, here’s last week’s snapshot on reading:


My plan for this week is to focus on professional development books. I am ½ way done with The Art of Slow Reading, To Understand, Teaching in Small Groups. I need to finish all of those. Also, I’m looking forward to reading Lee Ann Spillane’s book, Reading Amplified, for an online discussion coming up. If I make it through those four, Catcher in the Rye is here and waiting!