Wednesday, December 31, 2014

It's That Time...

Man alive, I'm not a resolution kind-of girl. As I said in my last post, I try not to make "resolutions" each year, mainly because I tend to fail. I'm awesome at the outset and then, about three weeks in, blah. Yet still, I try. My one little word helps. And #nerdlution helps.

#nerdlution was a hashtag a bunch of friends came up with last year on Twitter. A set amount of time along with some set goals. Check in as you could on Twitter using the hashtag. (You can read more about it in Franki Sibberson's blog post HERE.) Similar to Linda Urban's #WriteDaily30, which I just finished, I found #nerdlution to be moderately successful. I didn't meet my goals every single day, but it helped me to refocus. For a recent example - I wrote 27 out of 30 days in #WriteDaily30. So while my one little word, grace, will be with me for the year, I'm hoping #nerdlution15 (this year's hashtag) can help me kick off the year with some good habits.

My #nerdlutions

Soda vs. Water
I have got to get this one under control. I love soda. LOVE. I could drink it all day, but I don't. I know how bad it is for me. I don't think it is realistic, however, for me to cut it out completely right now. So my goal is one soda a day and at least 64 ounces of water. That would be huge. 

Move
I have not been exercising of late, and my grouchy mood can attest to that. I don't care what type of exercise it is, but I want to add moving back into my life, four times a week for thirty minutes each time. My guess is that walking will be the main form, which is fine with me.

Food
I need to add back some more fruits and vegetables into our diet. With both of my boys in travel basketball, I feel like our eating habits have turned to whatever is the quickest. So nothing drastic, because I know that isn't attainable for me, but a concerted effort to add what fuels us back in.

Reflection 
Grace is my one little word for 2015. Someone yesterday asked what grace means to me. I do think of God's grace when I think of that word. I selected it because my interpretation is that it isn't something we need to ask for, but it is the love and mercy that he gives us. I'm picking it as a reminder to be kind to myself this year and making it a #nerdlution to reflect as often as I can on whether I am, indeed, remembering grace. 

And there you have it, my four #nerdlutions for the first 58 days of 2015. Franki is going for 50 days, but I’m doing 58 as that takes me to the day of my 41st birthday. I can’t think of a better present for myself than that. Want to join in? Use the hashtag #nerdlution15 and we will see you there.