Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Reading in the Wild Twitter Chat


As I have written about before, reading The Book Whisperer changed my teaching for the better. I don’t know where I would be without that amazing book. Since reading it in 2009, I have met Donalyn, attended many of her professional development sessions, and now consider her one of my closest friends. To say she lives and breathes the life she writes about would be an understatement. Like many of you, I anxiously awaited her second book, knowing it would be phenomenal. Reading in the Wild did not disappoint in the slightest.

I reviewed Reading in the Wild over on the Nerdy Book Club in November. You can click over to read the review HERE. This is a book I’ve read several times and one that I can’t wait to talk to others about. I actually passed it off to my mom to read just so I could have my own personal book club over this book. There are so many nuggets in there that I just couldn’t wait to try out in my classroom. I craved a conversation over the concepts Donalyn shared.

I have a feeling that I’m not alone in the desire to talk about this book, right? Have you read Reading in the Wild and you’d like to talk about it? Is it on your “to read” list and you’d just like to know more? Either way, you are in luck. Teri Lesesne (@ProfessorNana on Twitter) and I will be hosting a Twitter Chat on Reading in the Wild on Sunday, January 12th at 8pm EST. The hashtag to follow the chat will be #wildreading. Hope to see you then!