Monday, June 18, 2012

Kids' Comic Revolution



I’m writing up an article about graphic novels right now and have been immersing myself into that world, much to my boys delight. When I was debating as to what to listen to on today’s run, I remembered that Colby Sharp had shared some info about a new site and podcast that revolved around graphic novels. The site is called Kids’ Comic Revolution and is hosted by Dave Roman and Jerzy Drozd.

I quickly looked it up and loaded the podcast. Because I was in a hurry I loaded the second episode instead of the first. But what a podcast it was! It began and ended with some of Colby’s students talking about what graphic novels, series, and graphic novelists are their favorites. Then the actual episode was an interview with one of my favorite illustrators, Kazu Kibuishi. So wonderful to hear his insights into his profession and the Amulet series, you really must listen to it. I only wish this had come out when I was teaching this year, I have some kids that are just addicted to Amulet.

Here’s the link to the site: KIDS' COMIC. You can get to the podcast from it. The hosts of the podcasts are also on Twitter and links are on the site for that as well. Great resource!  On my next run, episode 1.