Monday, August 15, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Summer Goal Reflection 8/15


I love joining Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers each week to share my reading life. 

It has been two weeks, but I've read some fabulous books. More importantly, as of this morning, my summer is officially over. I head back for meetings today and tomorrow, the kids arrive Wednesday. I wanted to share the books I've read, but also a quick wrap up on my summer goals I had set back in May.




Fabulous books. I plan on writing more about a few of them in the upcoming weeks, but The Mighty Odds is one my students will love this year. Full of Beans is fabulous and great for those fans of Turtle in Paradise. Turning 15 on the Road to Freedom was powerful and March: Book Three made me emotional and in awe. Still a Work in Progress is one of the most important books I've read this year.

As for my summer goals, I consider them a success, yet I didn't meet them at all. 
  • Run 100 miles. Not even close, but my goal had been to get fitness back in my life. In the 81 days of summer I: Walked 81 miles, ran 37, and swam 12,000 meters. Not bad. 
  • Read a book a day (81 books). Success, 95 books completed as of this morning. 
  • Journal 2-3 times a week. Miserable fail. I've journaled a handful of times this summer. 
  • Blog 2 times a week - close. Missed two posts, but much better than I had been doing.
My goal is to continue to work on balance as this school year starts off. Hopefully will continue to swim twice a week, run twice a week, blog twice a week, and find time for reading and writing. I'm excited to begin!