Monday, August 1, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 8/1

So sorry, didn't mean to go radio silent there for a bit. I meant to post last week after I got back from the last Scholastic Summit. (Side note, if you get the chance to go to a Summit next year, take it.) But then, life got in the way. I got a call back on a mammogram I had last week and they wanted me to come back for more pictures. So, if you know me and you know my anxiety, it is now sky high. Good times. If you are the praying type and want to throw some great prayers my way tomorrow (Tuesday) morning, I'd love them. Long and short of it is, I didn't blog last week. 

On the positive side of things, I've read some amazing books since the last time I shared. 



While all of these books are amazing, let me give a few quick shout outs. This is the Story of You by Kephart is breathtaking. There is a beautiful sentence to study with kids every single paragraph. LOVED it. Character Driven by Lubar was funny, sad, and uplifting. The Memory of Things by Polisner was perfection. Absolutely loved it. And As Brave as You by Reynolds was the perfect middle grade novel from this YA author I adore. 

No idea what I'm reading next, my to read stack is threatening to topple, but it will be fabulous. 

Have a great week!