Sunday, August 28, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 8/29


I love joining Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers each week to share my reading life. 

The start of the school year means a crazy busy schedule, but also the joy of connecting my students with books. I'm more excited than ever to read the books on my "to read" shelf and find books to match with kids.

Here's what I read in the last two weeks:



The books above are AMAZING! Seriously, I haven't read anything I haven't loved for the past two weeks. Standouts that I've shared with my students include: Left-Handed Fate, Gracefully Grayson, Moo, The Best Man, All Rise for the Honorable Perry T. Cook, Tru & Nelle, and Ghost. Amazing books, each and every one of them. 

Also, I've gifted Cityblock and Mosters Go Night-Night to my four-year-old niece, who loves them. My brother told me she loves to read the Monsters book before bed regularly. As soon as I read it, I knew it was perfect for her. Another book I shared was Josh Funk's Dear Dragon. If I taught the younger grades, I would have that one in class immediately. It's great for humor, misconceptions, and friendship. Check out the trailer on Nerdy Book Club here.

Have a great reading week!