Sunday, December 2, 2012

It's Monday! What are you Reading?


 I’m joining Jen & Kellee (and many other bloggers) in discussing what we are reading this week. Join us! Go to their site and link up your own blog.

Forgive the quick post, but to say I’m exhausted is an understatement. So much going on in the race to Christmas that I feel overwhelmed. My goal this week is actually to SLOW DOWN. I want to enjoy the holiday season, not have it whirl by.

And in discussing enjoyment – here’s what I read last week:



My favorite three would be:

·      Twelve Kinds of Ice
·      Fifty Cents and a Dream
·      A Home for Bird

Incredible books – each of them.  If you haven’t had a chance to read them, remedy immediately.

AND – did you see the Nerdy Book Club 2012 nominations? I need to catch up on my reading – voting opens in just TWO WEEKS! So many books, so little time.

NOMINEES ARE HERE

Also – if you are on Goodreads, I added all of the nominees to a shelf. I’ll give you the link and you can go there and create your own shelf from mine. It still takes awhile but much faster than creating from scratch. J


Have a great Monday! 

12 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the Goodreads link, Katherine. It's busy for sure! Hope you do get to slow down. The Cybils reading must be tough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for the Goodreads link. Some of my kiddos like the Captain Awesome books. A Home for Bird looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your goal is to slow down this week. I was thinking about checking in with you about that, but I didn't want to be a pest. Were you able to leave early one day last week?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Booker T. Bio was wonderful...and I am glad you were able to slow down a bit min this crazy holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos to you for all your Cybils reading! That is such a huge load. You definitely need to slow down and look out for your health/sanity during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twelve Kinds of Ice sounds awesome. A customer just bought it from us today. If enough people mention a book within a short period of time, I'm bound to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Twelve Kinds of Ice is just a perfect read. Curl up by the fire, get some hot chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cybils is crazy but I'm loving it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Booker T was so much more than I expected. Amazing book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stacey, I've left when contract allows (3:35) every day since Thanksgiving! :) It helps I've been sick - bronchitis - and it's viral so the only way to get better is rest. I come home and relax asap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Home for Bird was beautiful. Captain Awesome was a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cybils reading is definitely an added stressor but I love it. So many books I wouldn't have seen before!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Blog design by Imagination Designs Images from the Just Because kit by Laurie Ann