Slice of Life is sponsored every Tuesday by Stacey and Ruth from Two Writing Teachers.
Ten years ago today Chris and I became parents and this guy was responsible.
I don’t know how to adequately express how amazing that is, but if you are a parent you already know. I know that after becoming one I truly understand the saying,
Being a parent is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
So if it is Luke’s tenth birthday that means ten years ago I began to function on much less sleep. Ten years ago I realized I was not the center of the universe (maybe learned that one a little earlier). Ten years ago I got to see pure innocence. Ten years ago I became a mom. Best thing I’ve ever done.
In honor of Luke’s tenth birthday, ten things I love about him.
1. What a good brother he is.
2. His slow smile when he’s entertained by some goofy thing I’ve done.
3. What a conscientious student he has become.
4. How he feels like it is his responsibility to champion the underdog, even when it drives me crazy at times.
5. That he can get drawn into a book just like me.
6. How hard he works at things he likes.
7. That he will try something new.
8. How devoted he is to our dog.
9. How smart he is and wise in his decision-making.
10. That he will still kiss me goodnight and goodbye.
Happy Birthday, Lukey! We sure adore you.
|9th birthday. Will get our 10th b-day shot tonight.|