Sunday, May 13, 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading?


I’m joining Jen & Kellee (and many other bloggers) in discussing what we are reading this week. Join us! Go to their site and link up your own blog.


It was a huge picture book reading kind-of week. Thirteen books finished, twelve of which are picture books. J I am feeling a bit lazy so I’m not going to write about them all, just the favorites:

Crow by Barbara Wright was a surprise to me. I didn’t expect the book to be as powerful as it was. I loved the relationship between the main character, Moses, and his grandmother, Boo-Nanny. His grandmother was raised as a slave and it is a time of turmoil in North Carolina. So powerful.


House Held Up By Trees was simply beautiful. When you have Ted Kooser’s words and Jon Klassen’s illustrations, there is simply an amazing book before you.



Finally, today I read The Cloud Spinner by Michael Catchpool and illustrations by Alison Jay. A gorgeous book with a strong message of taking no more than you need.




All three of these books were borrowed from my local library. All three are going to need to be purchased for my classroom. J

This week I’m finishing up Invincible Louisa for Nerdbery. I have two books by Ellin Keene that I’m ½ way through. And then I have a to read stack that is amazing and daunting at the same time. We’ll see what is next.

If you haven’t entered my giveaway, please click here. Closes Tuesday night at midnight – central time.

Have a wonderful reading week!
Katherine