Saturday, April 1, 2017

Challenge complete!

Picture from last week, but it's where I'm headed today.

I honestly didn't think I'd make it the entire month. 31 posts in 31 days when I only wrote 80 posts in 2016 seemed a bit far fetched. And yet, it is done. 

For 2017 I've already written 42 posts. Much better. I've also been reminded that writing begets writing - something I knew, but had forgotten along the way. 

Through the Slice of Life challenge I was reminded to look for the small moments, those are worth writing about. I was reminded of the importance of my students having a teacher who writes - just as critical as a teacher who reads. And that my writing can be used as a mentor text, just as a published author's can. 

I don't know that I'll be around every Tuesday, but I hope to be blogging at least twice a week from now on. I haven't shared the books I've read of late, or more from my classroom. And I'll have to have updates on Leia and if I ever sleep through the night again. But, for now, I will pull back on the daily blog. While writing here each day is amazing, it means other things moved to the back burner - reading, cooking, and more. I'm not great at balance, but I do a decent job of it over time. 

Saturday stretches out before me and the possibilities are endless. 
A basketball game for Liam at 1pm, church at 4:30pm, and maybe a walk with the dogs? 
A swim? 
Starbucks?
Curl up with a book? 

Anything is possible.