Monday, March 28, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


I love joining Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers each week to share my reading life. 

Gracious, it has been awhile. While it's been over a month since my last It's Monday post, I haven't read a ton in that time. However, I have read some amazing books, so I wanted to share all of the books that I've read since I last posted. 




I've read some amazing picture books of late. The fine folks at Penguin sent me several to look at. I loved Hoot and Peep - two sibling owls that fly through the beautiful city at night and learn to be themselves. Also, I had seen Echo Echo by Singer as an ARC at NCTE, but I loved revisiting it. If you haven't seen Singer's reverse poems yet, you need to remedy that. Her first book in this style was Mirror Mirror, then she followed it up with Follow Follow. Amazing. 

I grabbed a few non-fiction picture books: Plastics Ahoy and Talking Trash. I plan on doing a pollution unit to end the school year and these are helping me plan, along with A World Without Fish that I am currently reading. 

And my plane reading was fabulous. We traveled to California and back over break. I read Salt to the Sea, Maxi's Secrets, and Ms. Bixby's Last Day. Each one was amazing. All provoked some tears, but each has stayed with me since I finished. 

Have a great week!