Saturday, September 26, 2015

Celebrate This Week


I always have to remind myself that the school year seems crazy until at least October. I am finding more time, but I'm also feeling pulled in a million directions. Luckily, Ruth Ayres asks us to take time on Saturdays to celebrate. (See her blog HERE.) It is the small moments that made last week, and this one, amazing:

Dot Day

I love reading Peter Reynolds' amazing book, The Dot, and helping my students make their mark. 

Finding Our Sentence (See Jessica's post HERE)

Jessica's idea was brilliant. We hung our sentences in the hallway to be reminded of them for the start of the year. 

This Gift






Three of my students created this book for me and about me. To say I was honored is an understatement. 

Sages Strut

Our PTO fundraiser and one of my favorite days of the year. 

All in all, while the start of the year is a bit insane, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.