|New books to add to the library|
It happened yesterday. I flipped the wall calendar in our kitchen and my heart began to race, August. Oh Lord. As of today I have eighteen days left until our Inservice Day, nineteen until students arrive. I feel the need to run around my house screaming, yet I know that will make Chris more fearful for my mental state, so I will swallow the scream.
Are you having back-to-school anxiety yet? Here’s a list of events from today that did not help matters.
· Printing off some Common Core handouts from this site HERE. (Amazing, by the way. I printed the bookmarks. Thanks to Paul Hankins for pointing them out.) I read through them and my head started swimming.
|Bins to label|
· Knowing that Monday I need to go learn how to use our new student management program.
· Counting 101 books on my bedroom bookshelves that I need to read.
· Walking in my classroom today and seeing all that needs to be done.
· Thinking of the curriculum planning I need to finish.
· Realizing that once I have a class list in a week I need to begin all the items on the “to do” list that require student names.
· Seeing the stack of letters my students wrote themselves in our end of the year celebration that I need to mail out tomorrow. (More about that HERE)
And the list goes on, and on, and on…
|Bulletin Boards to change|
|Furniture to rearrange|
And it is in times like these I begin doing some deep yoga breathing. Calm the heart rate. Think of everything I am looking forward to. I love fall. I love meeting my new class. I love the possibilities that a new school year brings. I love helping new groups of students fall in love with books. In thinking of these positive things I began to relax.
A new school year – my seventeenth. I’ve got this.