Monday, August 20, 2012

Slice of Life - First Day!


Slice of Life is sponsored every Tuesday by Stacey and Ruth from Two Writing Teachers.


First of all, with the begin the year craziness I didn’t get to post my “It’s Monday! What are you Reading?” post. Let me report that now I am officially done with summer and I read 114 books in my 86 days. WOO HOO! I read  some excellent books this week with no way to pick a favorite, they all rocked. Here’s my week:

Today (Monday) was my first day of the school year. We had meetings all morning and the chance to work in our classrooms in the afternoon. Tomorrow (Tuesday) is the first day for students and they will be in our rooms for
½ of a day, then starting Wednesday, we’re back full time!

Instead of writing a slice I thought I’d do a video of my classroom. I’ve done a photo tour before but thought I’d try a video. I still see a million things I need to do, but am eager to meet my students tomorrow. Enjoy!