Sunday, February 5, 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading?

 I’m joining Jen & Kellee (and many other bloggers) in discussing what we are reading this week. Join us! Go to their site and link up your own blog.



Jen V. - this picture is for you.
My car stores all of my books as well.

This week saw a lack of picture books but I did motor through some of my Newbery books. I read some wonderful books (Norvelt, Stalin’s Nose, 100 Cupboards) and others that I would rather forget (Well, hello two Newbery winners from the 1920s). Overall, I felt that I was back on track for reading but still need to pick up the pace if I ever have a prayer for whittling away at my TBR stack.

Quick announcement – do you have a TBR (To be read) stack? The Nerdy Book Club is looking for pictures of your stack. Take one quick and send it to them by this Friday. CLICK HERE


Anyway, where was I? Yes, here’s what I managed to get read this week:
 

·      100 Cupboards by N.D. Wilson *
·      The Dark Frigate by Charles Boardman Hawes
·      Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos *
·      Tales From Silver Lands by Charles J. Finger
·      Breaking Stalin’s Nose by Eugene Yelchin *

I placed an * by any book I felt was truly memorable this week.

Plans for next week? I have the three John Green books to dive into. Also, I am in the middle of reading this amazing one on economics for grad school. I posted this picture of it on Twitter this morning. Anyone feeling like they want it after me? Anyone?

Have a great week!
Katherine