Monday, August 3, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

I'm thrilled to link up with Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers each Monday and share our reading lives. Check out their sites for more information.

This was a strange reading week. I really only "read" three of the seven days. But when I read, I read a lot. Wednesday I spent the entire day reading and finished five novels and a picture book. I notice my reading does this - I typically read in spurts. Normally, I read at least 15 minutes a day, but on some days I read a ton. It varies based on our schedule. For this reason I am taking off the time requirement on reading this year and simply asking my students to read. I plan on sharing what my reading life looks like with my students at the start of the year and seeing what they can accomplish when the time requirement is no longer there. 


 This week I read so many fabulous books. Please look for The Secrets of Solace (companion to Mark of the Dragonfly) this spring and The Thing About Jellyfish this fall. The Junction of Sunshine and Lucky was a book I missed last year, and it was fabulous! Make sure you find it.