Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sharp-Schu October Book Club - Student Reviews


Colby Sharp and John Schu host a Twitter Book Club each month. (Read more about that HERE.) When I saw that October’s selections were five fabulous picture books, I knew I could get my students involved.

What I did was book talked each picture book. I hung up five blank posters for the students to record their thoughts about the books. And then I asked who would like to record what they enjoyed about the book.

Now I do have 71 kids in my three reading classes. I’d say about ½ of them were in at least one video. Many were in more than one. Several are too shy to appear on camera, yet. I have a feeling by the end of the year we will be pros at this!

Enjoy meeting my students and hearing their thoughts about these wonderful picture books. I highly recommend each and every one of them. ( I apologize, some of the kids are a bit quiet in the videos!) 

Extra Yarn by Mac Barnett


Rocket Writes a Story by Tad Hills


Here Comes the Girl Scouts by Shana Corey


The Gentleman Bug by Julian Hector

Boy + Bot by Ame Dyckman




Thanks for visiting our classroom!