Monday, April 23, 2012

It's Monday! What are you Reading?


I’m joining Jen & Kellee (and many other bloggers) in discussing what we are reading this week. Join us! Go to their site and link up your own blog.

Another week is gone? How did that happen so quickly? As the school year is quickly winding down, so are my final classes in grad school. I fear the homework for those classes will be putting a crimp on my reading life in the next few weeks but once graduation comes, my time will be all mine again. As for finishing The One and Only Ivan with my boys, we didn’t get it done. Maybe this week but nights of grad school and little league practice are getting in the way. Soon.

This past week I focused on several new (to me) picture books and one Newbery for #nerdbery (* by favorites from the week. A ** by my favorite.):

·      Blue Sky by Audrey Wood
·      A Giant Crush by Gennifer Choldenko
·      My Rhinoceros by Jon Agee
·      Brownie & Pearl Grab a Bite by Cynthia Rylant
·      The Art of Miss Chew by Patricia Polacco **
·      Fly Guy #11: Ride, Fly Guy, Ride! by Tedd Arnold
·      Gideon by Olivier Dunrea *
·      Gideon and Otto by Olivier Dunrea *
·      Penny and Her Song by Kevin Henkes *
·      Pete the cat: I Love my White Shoes by Eric Litwin *
·      The Cat Who Went to Heaven by Elizabeth Coatsworth

This week I want to move on to Waterless Mountain, another Newbery winner. I’m also almost done with Crow and really enjoying it. Have a wonderful reading week, everyone!
Katherine