Monday, October 3, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


I love joining Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers each week to share my reading life. 

YIKES! Somehow I didn't share what I was reading on my blog even once in September. Not sure how that happened. I think in starting a new grade level this year I've been a bit more busy, a bit more preoccupied, than I realized. My goal this year was to share every book I read here, to have a record of it. So, without further ado, here is my September reading round up. 




Here's what I love in reflecting back over this month of reading. I can see my new job in it - the tons of romance books early in the month, the new favorite YA books of Stand Off and Draw the Line. But I can also see the books I've read for the past 20 years in education at the elementary level - the picture books that I still bring into my new 7th grade classroom, the copy of Dog Man that I bought because I knew some kids would love to see it, Raina's Ghosts, etc. 

I've absolutely slowed down on my reading since the summer, but still managing to squeeze in a bit here and there. I'm currently reading Bird by Crystal Chan in preparation for an author visit. It is wonderful so far. 

Have a great week!