Monday, April 11, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 4/11/16


I love joining Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers each week to share my reading life. 

My reading life has been hit or miss lately, not in the wonderful books I get to devour, but in regard to the time I actually have to read them. I've read some terrific books lately, though, and I'm giving myself the five minutes before I need to dash out the door to school to share them with you all.

Let me start with World Without Fish and I'm not a Plastic Bag. Both are books I read to get some background for teaching a ocean pollution unit at the end of the month and WOW. They are amazing and a must read. I think I will purchase World Without Fish in multiple copies because it would be terrific for some kids to partner up and study.

Lumberjanes Volume 3 and Alamo All-Stars were terrific additions to two graphic novel series that my students love. 

And Peddles and A Hungry Lion were two I read in the bookstore and enjoyed. If I was staying in elementary school next year, A Hungry Lion would be on my must purchase list. Reminds me a lot of I Want My Hat Back, but in a different way. Super fun.

Happy reading!