Monday, August 4, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Be sure to visit Mentor Texts  or Unleashing Readers to learn more about It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

Super excited that I've passed my summer #bookaday goal and I still have thirteen days left. Last night I finished Muckers, which was book 90 for me. My goal had been 74 this summer. Hard to believe it is almost over.

Here's what I read last week:


Goals for the rest of the week/ summer? Finish up at least three more professional books. (Yardsticks, Morning Meeting, and ??) Also, I have seven state award nominees left to read. They are first up this week. They are:

The Clockwork Three (currently reading)
Saving Zasha
Almost Home
Charlie Joe Jackson’s Guide to Not Reading
Ungifted
Legend
Slob 

Happy Reading! 

8 comments:

  1. Since I'm K-4 I'm trying to read the Monarch and Bluestem books. Finished Monarch (easy enough since they are PB) and am 1/2 through Bluestem. I've got the Poop book next for that list, oh boy! I've heard Slob from the Caudill list is good! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa GuerretteAugust 4, 2014 at 2:37 PM

    My 4th and 5th graders alike have LOVED Saving Zasha. Many have reread it over and over. I hope you enjoy it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Charlie Joe, and my students really like the whole series. You have great selections picked out and are much more organized than I am about your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We value Yardsticks a lot at school, Katherine. It's like a good guide to look at once in a while. My grandson loves the Time Green books, finally got him reading! And I have Feathers, in my stack! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've reminded me I need to read Muckers. It's on my stack plus I just got her new title about Babe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on knocking out your goal! I'm interested to see how much harder it gets to kee up with IMWAYR once the school year gets into swing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yardsticks is a classic and I always appreciate going back and rereading when I need to be reminded of what to expect of my kids at the beginning of the school year. Also, you reminded me that I need to get back into my state award nominees!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kiddos loved Ungifted.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Blog design by Imagination Designs Images from the Just Because kit by Laurie Ann