Monday, November 26, 2012

It's Monday! What are you Reading?



 I’m joining Jen & Kellee (and many other bloggers) in discussing what we are reading this week. Join us! Go to their site and link up your own blog.

I promised my students as we were leaving school on Tuesday that I would read a book a day. Now I did put in the caveat that I could read picture books or graphic novels as well. It turned out I read a ton regardless. Still not emptying the “to read” shelves – but when boxes are shipped back from NCTE full of books, that makes it all the more difficult.

Here’s what I read last week:



Hard to pick a favorite, but if I did it would absolutely be Linda Urban’s Center of Everything, and not just because my niece is a dead ringer for the girl on the cover, this is one amazing book. (Which isn’t that surprising, Linda Urban wrote it. I’m pretty sure she could write a grocery list and I’d read each word like a treasure.)

Coming up:

I’m reading Penny Kittle’s amazing book for teachers, Book Love. What can I say, buy it. Penny teaches high school but it doesn’t matter. Her words, her message, are for all of us.

I’m also halfway through Bomb by Sheinkin. This is a dense non-fiction book about the making of the atomic bomb. I say dense because you aren’t going to pick it up and breeze through it. That being said, I love this book. The history major in me is eating it up, albeit making me take my time. This won’t be a book for every kid in my class – it’s a bit difficult. But I always have those kids obsessed with any and every thing about wars, weapons, etc. They will love this.

Happy Reading!
Katherine
 
Imagination Designs
Blog design by Imagination Designs Images from the Just Because kit by Laurie Ann