Monday, January 5, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Be sure to visit Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers to learn more about the link up for It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

I read a lot over break, I made it a priority. Most mornings I would wake up, read Twitter or Facebook for a bit, and then read for an hour or two. With boys that are pretty independent at this point, it was a lovely luxury. Friends always ask how I can possibly read as much as I do. The simple answer is, I make the time for it. I don't really watch TV, I read. I have a book with me everywhere we go. I read when I'm waiting. I listen to audiobooks in the car. It makes me relax, and makes me happy, so I make time. 

Here's what I read the last week of break:




And while I loved them all, wowza, there is something special about Echo. And I loved How to Outswim a Shark Without Your Snorkel so much, it will be one of the first I book talk. Next up? Wild Things: Acts of Mischief in Children's Literature.  Have a great week!