Thursday, October 17, 2013

Welcome Home

In just a few weeks my second anniversary of this thing we call blogging will arrive. To say I've enjoyed it more than I thought I would is an understatement. Blogging allows me to test out ideas, share my thinking, reaffirm my beliefs, and grow as a writer. Through this blog I have reawakened the love of writing that lie dormant for so many years. I am so glad I was brave enough to try.

This summer I was considering this space and decided it could use a facelift. I like to think I'm tech savvy, but really I simply know enough to be dangerous. I contacted Lori at Imagination Designs to see if she would redesign my space. She did, and this is the result. 

I love the design Lori used. She asked me some questions about my preferences and let me modify along the way. I am a big Feedly fan - I can't follow the amount of blogs I do without it. Knowing that, I knew some folks would never see this beautiful design - it will be the white background of Feedly - or their preferred platform. That idea only made me pause for a second. One, Lori's fee is extremely reasonable for the work she puts in. Two, really, this was a gift for me. The design makes me smile every time I open the page. That alone makes it worth it.

So, to celebrate my new home I am giving away one book that I book talked today. A book that I dearly love and my current read aloud with my own children at home - Anne Ursu's The Real Boy. If you'd like to be entered to win, please fill in the form below. 

Rules:
You must be 13 or over to enter.

You must live in the continental United States.

If you can, pay it forward.

Giveaway is over on October 19th at 11:59 pm.

Have a fabulous day and thanks for stopping by my new digs!