Friday, January 20, 2017

What We Are Reading in Seventh Grade

This week several friends told me they were looking for hope, that their outlook in the world was bleak. My reply was that I was filled with hope. I think most of us in education can find hope when we look at our students. I can find the positive in life when I am with them. Whether it was in their awe of Malala as we studied her story this week, to their shock at the education policies in some countries, to their realization of their own privilege in this one, or their love of their books they were reading, my students are beacons of hope. I asked them to share what they are reading today so we could share their book/ recommendations with the world and maybe give you a bit of a bright spot in your day. So, without further ado, here they are: