Monday, July 20, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


I'm thrilled to link up with Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers each Monday and share our reading lives. Check out their sites for more information. 

Good gracious, I haven't updated for It's Monday for three weeks! Now I was in Ireland for the last two, with extremely dicey internet, but I'm not sure what happened before that. At any rate, I thought I'd quickly share the titles I've read since then and list off a few you should not miss. Sound good? Here we go! 




Picture book wise, make sure you see The Night World and Boats for Papa. Both were books I planned on reading in the bookstore, but not purchasing. Both ended up coming home with me.

Middle grade, there are a ton. Umbrella Summer; Star Wars; Clementine; Ruby on the Outside; Moonpenny Island; Listen, Slowly; Stella by Starlight - fabulous books. I know they will all be hits in my classroom this year.

Franki Sibberson and Bill Bass have written a terrific new book for teachers called Digital Reading. It is an important look on authentic ways to use technology in your classroom. I think all teachers should read it. 

And last, but not least, The Marvels. Holy wow. This comes out September 15th and I CANNOT WAIT. I've preordered it and am anxious for the arrival. I borrowed this copy from a friend and had to finish it before I left a conference. I'd love to go back and pour over the illustrations and the story, but I have to wait. Amazing, amazing, amazing book. 

I'm starting this week off reading Gordon Korman's Masterminds. I can already tell I'm going to love it. 

Happy Reading!