Monday, October 24, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


I love joining Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers each week to share my reading life. 

Well, I guess I'm going with a monthly reading share, its been almost four weeks and I've lost track of time. Again. Ugh. Oh well, there have been too many great books to skip, so here's my reading since the start of October:


Du Iz Tak? is crazy good. Like going in my Mock Caldecott wish list kind of good. Ditto to Snow White and We Found a Hat. Heck, several on this list are unreal, they just rock.

Ashes was beautiful. If you haven't read the first two in the trilogy - Chains and Forge, well, go out and get them. Stop reading this post. They are unreal. We've waited, and waited, and waited for this final book. It was worth it. My favorite part was putting it on my easel one day. A former student who I don't even have this year popped in to say hi, then screamed when she saw it. She asked if she could have it, which of course I gave it to her. Then it was returned, only to have a similar impact on another student the next day. She has it now. I freaking love this series. 

And, not exactly related, my students have been busy. You can find them sharing the reasons they write for the national day on writing here.

And a few of them sharing book recommendations on Voices From the Middle's podcast here

Have a fabulous week!