Monday, September 1, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


Be sure to visit Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers to learn more about the link up for It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 

The school year has just begun and already it seems like it is flying! Looking over my reading list for this week, I finished two books I had been reading on and off throughout the week, but making no progress with. All ended up being terrific. It's hard at the start of the year to read a ton during the week, I'm exhausted and completely drained from this oppressive heat and lack of air conditioning in my classroom. However, the long weekend hit and I flew through several books that I cannot wait to book talk when I return to school.

Here's what I read:


Classroom library note: The Graveyard Book begins exactly as the book does, with the murder of the parents and older sister. You see them laying in bed with blood on their throats. I am still putting it in my library, but will be mentioning that fact so students who don't like violence can steer clear.

Up next to read this week is Greenglass House by Kate Milford. I've heard great things about it. 

Have a terrific week!