Sunday, June 15, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



I have been sporadic, at best, of posting on here. For the past eleven days I have been on a family vacation – stopping off at Nokomis, Florida to visit family; a five day vacation to Disney World with my boys and Chris; and then a trek up to Daufuskie Island, off of Hilton Head Island, to visit with my parents and their friends. Life is good. And while the island life is not good for anything technology wise due to horrid internet service, it is terrific for reading.

Today I want to share three books I’ve read over the past week that have been amazing and made me wish I was still teaching right now so I could share them with students. My oldest son, Luke, has had to stand in for their role, listening to me talk about each one and how wonderful it is and how they are “must reads”. After Circa Now, the last book I finished, Luke said, “Mom, there are just too many great books to read and not enough time.”

I know that feeling, Luke, I know that feeling. 

These are the books I read and HIGHLY recommend to anyone looking for some great middle grade reads.