Monday, August 12, 2013

It's Monday! What are you Reading?


I’m joining Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee at Unleashing Readers in discussing what we are reading this week. Join us! Go to their site and link up your own blog.



Books read this week – 7

Books I wanted to read this week – so many more.

I recommend each book I read this week.

à Charles and Emma – I learned a great deal. A love story, a biography, a story about evolution. This one was for my book club and I’m grateful it was selected.

àSeaglass Summer; Nubs: The True Story of a Mutt, a Marine, and a Miracle; I Feel Better with a Frog in my Throat: History’s Strangest Cures; and The Dinosaurs of Waterhouse Hawkins I read these four because they are on one of our state award lists this year. All three were wonderful and I can imagine a child I’ve taught for each of them.

à The Surprise Attack of Jabba the Puppet was, of course, brilliant. I love the underlying message in this book. It is one all teachers need right now.

à Choice Words. I try and reread this before school starts each year, just to remind myself of the power of the words we choose. Brilliant.

Happy Reading!
Katherine