Monday, February 20, 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading?


I’m joining Jen & Kellee (and many other bloggers) in discussing what we are reading this week. Join us! Go to their site and link up your own blog.

I read several books this week, many wonderful. I also began a reread of Wonder by R.J. Palacio. If you have somehow missed this WONDERful book, remedy that immediately. I am reading it to my 9 year old right now. I’m not going fast enough, though, so he’s reading on his own during the day. It will be my next classroom read aloud. It’s that good.

But here’s what I read this week (with ** by any books I truly enjoyed):

·      Middle School is Worse Than Meatloaf: A Year Told Through Stuff by Jenni Holm **
·      An Abundance of Katherines by John Green **
·      Bad Kitty Meets the Baby by Nick Bruel
·      Bad Kitty for President by Nick Bruel
·      Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy’s Astounding Story of his Trip to Heaven and Back by Todd Burpo
·      Andy and the Lion by James Daugherty (#nerdcott)
·      Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans (#nerdcott) **
·      Fortune Cookies by Albert Bitterman
·      April’s Kittens by Clare Turlay Newberry (#nerdcott)
·      Seven Simeons: A Russian Tale by Boris Artzybasheff (#nerdcott)
·      Paddle-to-the-Sea by Holling Clancy Holling (#nerdcott)
·      Mei LI by Thomas Handforth (#nerdcott)
·      Fig Pudding by Ralph Fletcher **
·      Looking at Lincoln by Maria Kalman **
·      A Boy Called Dickens by Deborah Hopkinson **


I’m currently reading:




And I’m impatiently waiting for this book because it is next on my #nerdbery list.



I have several other #nerdybery books here but I’m trying to read in order so I’m waiting.



What did you read this week?